The week was packed with so many fantastic artists. I had plans to try and see everything, but that's downright impossible! Some highlights for me were as follows:
- Getting to hear John Prine singing all the songs I grew up hearing!
- The Black Lillies blew me away!
- Mingo Fishtrap was a band I had never heard of, but they were one of the best on the boat!
- The Soggy Dollar bar was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! The water was so blue!
- Oh, and Chris Stapleton sat in on one of our sets, so that was pretty neat too!
So there are five things that I really enjoyed. So many amazing musicians, wonderful fans... I couldn't possibly list everything good that happened on the boat. Thanks, Cayamo!
Here are some pictures to give you a little bit of an idea of how awesome it was.
Lets see... what's next? Oh right! A trip to Colorado! I'll be doing a few shows on the Front Range with my sister, Jessica Weatherly, next week! If you live in the area please come and hang out with us! I hear there is still standing room available at the house concert. We'll be playing songs off the new album as well as some of our sister hits and a few surprises, as is tradition.
Stay posted for more news on the Looney Bird release! Hope to see you soon!